"Lebanon" is mentioned in the Bible 56 times. Here are they:
- 7 - Also send me boards of cedar, cypress and cabinet wood from Lebanon, for I realize that your servants know how to cut the wood of the Lebanon. My servants will labor with yours. ( 2 Chronicles Chapter 2)
- 15 - For our part, we will cut trees on Lebanon, as many as you need, and float them down to you at the port of Joppa, whence you may take them up to Jerusalem."( 2 Chronicles Chapter 2 )
- 6 - also Baalath, all the supply cities belonging to Solomon, and all the cities for the chariots, the cities for the horsemen, and whatever else Solomon decided should be built in Jerusalem, in the Lebanon, and in the entire land under his dominion. ( 2 Chronicles Chapter 8)
- 16 - and three hundred bucklers of beaten gold, three hundred shekels of gold going into each buckler; these the king put in the hall of the Forest of Lebanon. ( 2 Chronicles Chapter 9 )
- 20 - Furthermore, all of King Solomon's drinking vessels were of gold, and all the utensils in the hall of the Forest of Lebanon were of pure gold; silver was not considered of value in Solomon's time. ( 2 Chronicles Chapter 9 )
- 18 - King Joash of Israel sent this reply to King Amaziah of Judah: "The thistle of the Lebanon sent a message to the cedar of the Lebanon, saying, 'Give your daughter to my son for his wife.' But the wild beasts of the Lebanon passed by and trampled the thistle down. ( 2 Chronicles Chapter 25 )
- 7 - Leave here and go to the hill country of the Amorites and to all the surrounding regions, the land of the Canaanites in the Arabah, the mountains, the foothills, the Negeb and the seacoast; to Lebanon, and as far as the Great River (the Euphrates). ( Deuteronomy Chapter 1 )
- 25 - Ah, let me cross over and see this good land beyond the Jordan, this fine hill country, and the Lebanon!( Deuteronomy Chapter 3 )
- 24 - Every place where you set foot shall be yours: from the desert and from Lebanon, from the Euphrates River to the Western Sea, shall be your territory. ( Deuteronomy Chapter 11)
- 3 - Thus speaks the Lord GOD: The great eagle, with great wings, with long pinions, with thick plumage, many-hued, came to Lebanon. He took the crest of the cedar, ( Ezekiel Chapter 17)
- 5 - With cypress from Senir they built for you all of your decks; Cedar from Lebanon they took to make you a mast; ( Ezekiel Chapter 27)
- 3 - Behold, a cypress (cedar) in Lebanon, beautiful of branch, lofty of stature, amid the very clouds lifted its crest.( Ezekiel Chapter 31)
- 15 - Thus says the Lord GOD: On the day he went down to the nether world I made the abyss close up over him; I stopped its streams so that the deep waters were held back. I cast gloom over Lebanon because of him, so that all the trees in the land drooped on his account. ( Ezekiel Chapter 31)
- 16 - At the crash of his fall I made the nations rock, when I cast him down to the nether world with those who go down into the pit. In the land below, all Eden's trees were consoled, Lebanon's choice and best, all that were fed by water. ( Ezekiel Chapter 31)
- 7 - Then they hired stonecutters and carpenters, and sent food and drink and oil to the Sidonians and Tyrians that they might ship cedar trees from the Lebanon to the port of Joppa, as Cyrus, king of Persia, had authorized. ( Ezra Chapter 3)
- 17 - For the violence done to Lebanon shall cover you, and the destruction of the beasts shall terrify you; Because of men's blood shed, and violence done to the land, to the city and to all who dwell in it. ( Habakkuk Chapter 2)
- 6 - I will be like the dew for Israel: he shall blossom like the lily; He shall strike root like the Lebanon cedar, ( Hosea Chapter 14)
- 7 - and put forth his shoots. His splendor shall be like the olive tree and his fragrance like the Lebanon cedar. ( Hosea Chapter 14)
- 8 - Again they shall dwell in his shade and raise grain; They shall blossom like the vine, and his fame shall be like the wine of Lebanon.( Hosea Chapter 14)
- 13 - 6 Yes, against all the cedars of Lebanon and all the oaks of Bashan, ( Isaiah Chapter 2)
- 34 - The forest thickets are felled with the axe, and Lebanon in its splendor falls. ( Isaiah Chapter 10)
- 8 - The very cypresses rejoice over you, and the cedars of Lebanon: "Now that you are laid to rest, there will be none to cut us down." ( Isaiah Chapter 14)
- 17 - But a very little while, and Lebanon shall be changed into an orchard, and the orchard be regarded as a forest! ( Isaiah Chapter 29)
- 9 - The country languishes in mourning, Lebanon withers with shame; Sharon is like the steppe, Bashan and Carmel are stripped bare.
( Isaiah Chapter 33)
- 2 - They will bloom with abundant flowers, and rejoice with joyful song. The glory of Lebanon will be given to them, the splendor of Carmel and Sharon; They will see the glory of the LORD, the splendor of our God. ( Isaiah Chapter 36)
- 24 Through your servants you have insulted the Lord: You said, "With my many chariots I climbed the mountain heights, the recesses of Lebanon; I cut down its lofty cedars, its choice cypresses; I reached the remotest heights, its forest park.
( Isaiah Chapter 37)
- 16 - Lebanon would not suffice for fuel, nor its animals be enough for holocausts. ( Isaiah Chapter 40)
- 13 - The glory of Lebanon shall come to you: the cypress, the plane and the pine, To bring beauty to my sanctuary, and glory to the place where I set my feet. ( Isaiah Chapter 60)
- 14 - 2 Does the snow of Lebanon desert the rocky heights? Do the gushing waters
dry up that flow fresh down the mountains?( Jeremiah Chapter 18)
- 6 - For thus says the LORD concerning the palace of the king of Judah: Though you be to me like Gilead, like the peak of Lebanon, I will turn you into a waste, a city uninhabited.( Jeremiah Chapter 22)
- 20 - Scale Lebanon and cry out, in Bashan lift up your voice; Cry out from Abarim, for all your lovers are crushed.
( Jeremiah Chapter 22)
- 23 - You who dwell on Lebanon, who nest in the cedars, How you shall groan when pains come upon you, like the pangs of a woman in travail!
( Jeremiah Chapter 22)
- 4 - Your domain is to be all the land of the Hittites, from the desert and from Lebanon east to the great river Euphrates and west to the Great Sea.( Joshua Chapter 1)
- 1 - When the news reached the kings west of the Jordan, in the mountain regions and in the foothills, and all along the coast of the Great Sea as far as Lebanon: Hittites, Amorites, Canaanites, Perizzites, Hivites and Jebusites,
( Joshua Chapter 9)
- 17 - from Mount Halak that rises toward Seir as far as Baal-gad in the Lebanon valley at the foot of Mount Hermon. All their kings he captured and put to death.( Joshua Chapter 11)
- 7 - This is a list of the kings whom Joshua and the Israelites conquered west of the Jordan and whose land, from Baal-gad in the Lebanon valley to Mount Halak which rises toward Seir, Joshua apportioned to the tribes of Israel.
( Joshua Chapter 12)
- 5 - and the Gebalite territory; and all the Lebanon on the east, from Baal-gad at the foot of Mount Hermon to Labo in the land of Hamath.( Joshua Chapter 13)
- 6 - At the advance of the Israelites I will drive out all the Sidonian inhabitants of the mountain regions between Lebanon and Misrephoth-maim; at least include these areas in the division of the Israelite heritage, just as I have commanded you.
( Joshua Chapter 13)
- 3 - the five lords of the Philistines; and all the Canaanites, the Sidonians, and the Hivites who dwell in the mountain region of Lebanon between Baal-hermon and the entrance to Hamath.( Judges Chapter 3)
- 15 - But the buckthorn replied to the trees, 'If you wish to anoint me king over you in good faith, come and take refuge in my shadow. Otherwise, let fire come from the buckthorn and devour the cedars of Lebanon.'( Judges Chapter 9)
- 7 - Now Nebuchadnezzar, king of the Assyrians, sent messengers to all the inhabitants of Persia, and to all those who dwelt in the West: to the inhabitants of Cilicia and Damascus, Lebanon and Anti-Lebanon, to all who dwelt along the seacoast,
( Judith Chapter 1)
- He discussed plants, from the cedar on Lebanon to the hyssop growing out of the wall, and he spoke about beasts, birds, reptiles, and fishes.( 1 Kings Chapter 5)
- 20 - Give orders, then, to have cedars from the Lebanon cut down for me. My servants shall accompany yours, since you know that there is no one among us who is skilled in cutting timber like the Sidonians, and I will pay you whatever you say for your servants' salary."( 1 Kings Chapter 5)
- 23 - My servants shall bring them down from the Lebanon to the sea, and I will arrange them into rafts in the sea and bring them wherever you say. There I will break up the rafts, and you shall take the lumber. You, for your part, shall furnish the provisions I desire for my household."( 1 Kings Chapter 5)
- 28 He sent them to the Lebanon each month in relays of ten thousand, so that they spent one month in the Lebanon and two months at home. Adoniram was in charge of the draft.( 1 Kings Chapter 5)
- 2 - He built the hall called the Forest of Lebanon one hundred cubits long, fifty wide, and thirty high; it was supported by four rows of cedar columns, with cedar capitals upon the columns.( 1 Kings Chapter 7)
- 19 - all his cities for supplies, cities for chariots and for horses, and whatever else Solomon decided should be built in Jerusalem, in Lebanon, and in the entire land under his dominion.( 1 Kings Chapter 9)
- 17 - and three hundred bucklers of beaten gold (three minas of gold went into each buckler); and he put them in the hall of the Forest of Lebanon.( 1 Kings Chapter 10)
- 21 - In addition, all King Solomon's drinking vessels were of gold, and all the utensils in the hall of the Forest of Lebanon were of pure gold. There was no silver, for in Solomon's time it was considered worthless.
( 1 Kings Chapter 10)
- 9 - King Jehoash of Israel sent this reply to the king of Judah: "The thistle of Lebanon sent word to the cedar of Lebanon, 'Give your daughter to my son in marriage,' but an animal of Lebanon passed by and trampled the thistle underfoot.
( 2 Kings Chapter 14)
- 23 - Through your servants you have insulted the LORD. You said: With my many chariots I climbed the mountain heights, the recesses of Lebanon; I cut down its lofty cedars, its choice cypresses; I reached the remotest heights, its forest park.
( 2 Kings Chapter 19)
- 7 - Jonathan accompanied the king as far as the river called Eleutherus and then returned to Jerusalem. (1  Eleutherus: modern Nahr el-Kebir, the northern border of modern Lebanon; in the second century B.C. the northern limit of Coelesyria. )
( 1 Maccabees Chapter 11)
- 59 - Likewise, he made Jonathan's brother Simon governor of the region from the Ladder of Tyre to the frontier of Egypt.
( 1 Maccabees Chapter 11)
- 4 - He rebukes the sea and leaves it dry, and all the rivers he dries up. Withered are Bashan and Carmel, and the bloom of Lebanon fades;( Nahum Chapter 1)
A psalm of David.
1 Give to the LORD, you heavenly beings, give to the LORD glory and might;
2 Give to the LORD the glory due God's name. Bow down before the LORD'S holy splendor!
3 The voice of the LORD is over the waters; the God of glory thunders, the LORD, over the mighty waters.
4 The voice of the LORD is power; the voice of the LORD is splendor.
5 The voice of the LORD cracks the cedars; the LORD splinters the cedars of Lebanon,
6 Makes Lebanon leap like a calf, and Sirion like a young bull.
7 The voice of the LORD strikes with fiery flame;
8 the voice of the LORD rocks the desert; the LORD rocks the desert of Kadesh.
9 The voice of the LORD twists the oaks and strips the forests bare. All in his palace say, "Glory!"
10 The LORD sits enthroned above the flood! The LORD reigns as king forever!
11 May the LORD give might to his people; may the LORD bless his people with peace!( Psalms Chapter 29)
- 7 - My soul is downcast within me; therefore I will remember you From the land of the Jordan and Hermon, from the land of Mount Mizar.( Psalms Chapter 42)
- 16 - May wheat abound in the land, flourish even on the mountain heights. May his fruit increase like Lebanon's, his wheat like the grasses of the land. ( Psalms Chapter 72)
- 13 - The just shall flourish like the palm tree, shall grow like a cedar of Lebanon.
( Psalms Chapter 92)
16 - The trees of the LORD drink their fill, the cedars of Lebanon, which you planted.( Psalms Chapter 104)
- 13 - "Like a cedar on Lebanon I am raised aloft, like a cypress on Mount Hermon,(Sirach Chapter 24)
- 8 - Like the blossoms on the branches in springtime, like a lily on the banks of a stream; Like the trees of Lebanon in summer,
(Sirach Chapter 50)
- 12 - When he received the sundered victims from the priests while he stood before the sacrificial wood, His brethren ringed him about like a garland, ike a stand of cedars on Lebanon;(Sirach Chapter 50)
- 9 - King Solomon made himself a carriage of wood from Lebanon.(The Song of Songs Chapter 3)
- 8 - Come from Lebanon, my bride, come from Lebanon, come! Descend from the top of Amana, from the top of Senir and Hermon, From the haunts of lions, from the leopards' mountains.(The Song of Songs Chapter 4)
- 11 - Your lips drip honey, my bride, sweetmeats and milk are under your tongue; And the fragrance of your garments is the fragrance of Lebanon.( The Song of Songs Chapter 4)
- 14 - Nard and saffron, calamus and cinnamon, with all kinds of incense; Myrrh and aloes,with all the finest spices.
(The Song of Songs Chapter 4)
- 15 - You are a garden fountain, a well of water flowing fresh from Lebanon.(The Song of Songs Chapter 4)
- 5 - His legs are columns of marble resting on golden bases. His stature is like the trees on Lebanon, imposing as the cedars.
(The Song of Songs Chapter 5)
- 5 - Your neck is like a tower of ivory. Your eyes are like the pools in Heshbon by the gate of Bath-rabbim. Your nose is like the tower on Lebanon that looks toward Damascus.((The Song of Songs Chapter 7)
- 10 - I will bring them back from the land of Egypt, and gather them from Assyria. I will bring them into Gilead and into Lebanon, but these shall not suffice them;( Zechariah Chapter 10)
- 1 - Open your doors, O Lebanon, that the fire may devour your cedars! ( Zechariah Chapter 11 )